Friday, April 25, 2008

To Do Lists

So many mornings, I wake up with a grand plan of all the things I need to do that day and visions of getting everything accomplished. I can visualize my house being neat, everything being put away, a place for all the toys and the papers, laundry done, clothes put away, all errands done. So why is it that at the end of the day, my early morning list, scribbled on a scrap piece of paper (sometimes with a crayon) is usually longer than it was in the morning? Why is it so hard to get everything done?

Today is Friday. Tomorrow my husband leaves for his annual sales conference. 5 days of meetings, meals and golf - in Florida. I will be on my own this weekend, running from baseball games to birthday parties, errands, playdates all while trying to accomplish the things I couldn't get done today.

So here's the list for today, we'll see later how we did.

  • Bank
  • Pick up dry cleaning
  • Upload pictures from Disney weekend in Florida
  • Put away laundry
  • Clean off nighttable and dresser
  • Organize office
  • Pay bills
  • Park playdate for kids
  • Swap winter and summer clothing
  • Finish up shopping for husband's birthday
Care to bet exactly how much is going to get done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics