Friday, August 7, 2009

Grand Plans

At the beginning of the summer, I went for a physical and realized that my current weight equals my weight when I was 8 months pregnant with Aaron. Not so good. I then realized that that is a great reason why my clothes don't fit how they used to. So at the start of the summer I had grand plans to start exercising.

I bought two new exercise "games" for the Wii Fit. Yes, the one that I made my dad stand on line to get one day while I was at work. And yes, the same one that I've used probably about 6 times in the past year. I bought these two "games", used one about 3 times and returned the other one.

I thought about joining a gym for the summer. That's pretty much as far as I got with that because I didn't want to spend a lot of money.

I thought about buying a treadmill. Then I remembered the elliptical that we bought on Craigslist a few years ago and how although it made a great decoration, we used it about 3 times before it sat in our den for the next 18 months. I did though enjoy the $250 we got for re-selling it on Craigslist.

Then I saw a TV ad for Planet Fitness and how they were offering a one year membership for $99. I figured there had a to be a catch (like the commercial that screamed a $10/month, no contract offer from Lucille Roberts which apparently included a $199 membership fee if you didn't want to sign a 2 year contract). One Sunday morning, I went in to visit Planet Fitness. It was just what a wanted - about 100 treadmills, ellipticals and arc trainers. So I joined. My plan truly was just to go every day, do the treadmill for 30 minutes and leave.

The first week went swimmingly. Hubby was home on vacation from work, so I left the kids with him while I went to workout for an hour at the crack of dawn 7am every day of the week.

The second week with him back at work, my early morning workouts were a thing of the past. I then started going after I put Camryn on the bus for camp at 930am. Only issue was that by the time I got there, worked out, came home, showered and got dressed, it was between 11 and 1130am. Not an issue for most, but I have to work!

Last week I went 3 times and both days on the weekend. 5 days in a week, not so bad.

This week I had fantastic intentions to go every day again, but I think I went twice.

Sigh.

I think I need a pep talk. Somehow I doubt that sitting at my computer working will help my ass to shrink any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Clicky Web Analytics