Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Green Works Cleaning Wipes

Our family recently made a decision that I'm going to work from home which was quickly followed by the decision to give up our nanny. With that decision, responsibility for all of our laundry, putting things away and daily clean up now falls to me. So when I was asked to review Green Works Natural Biodegradable Cleaning Wipes, a new product from Clorox, it truly was perfect timing.

Thirty wipes come in the container, which doesn't sound like alot, but it has managed to last us quite awhile. I've been using these wipes mostly to wipe our kitchen counters after preparing any type of food on them and again for the final wipe down of the day. Something I love about these wipes is that they are made with plant-based, biodegradable ingredients, such as coconut-based cleaners and essential oils, which means that my house smells clean withouth smelling like it just bathed in bleach. These wipes can be used to clean pretty much anything in our kitchen and bathrooms including nonwood floors, counters, sinks, stoves, garbage cans and toilets. The directions actually give instructions on how to compost, if that's up your alley, and in keeping with the green-ness, Clorox made the container recyclable .

One thing I wasn't overjoyed with though is the fact that the label says "for surfaces that may come in contact with food, a water rinse is required." It's a little bit confusing because these wipes are touted as made for the kitchen and another wipe down of my counters is just one more step that I'd like to avoid at the end of the night. But the benefits of using these wipes and the fact that they are biodegradable outweigh that extra step to me.

Get them the next time you're in the market for a new cleaning product, you can find them in your local supermarket!

This review is in accordance with Mom Central.

1 comment:

  1. That is a bummer on the rinse thing. Clorox and Green always make me giggle seems a little like an oxymoron to me...but hey. I have tried some of the other green works products and do not care for most of them...one of the sprays is so soapy you have to rinse multiple times after using it. That is certainly not a big help in my world! But they smell nice.

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics